Here's what else will be coming up in July:
- My one little mango dessert shot ended up being pushed to the back burner as a result of my cherry obsession, but I just had some last night and it was exactly as I'd hoped it would be! Can't wait to share it with all of you this week!
- I've been lucky enough to receive some great new items from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, including some awesome new hot dog & hamburger buns from the fine folks at Nature's Pride. And now I'm inspired to make some burgers or other interesting sandwiches with these, so stay tuned to see what I come up with!
- Gazpacho was another thing I wanted to get going in June and didn't get a chance to do. Life will NOT get in the way of gazpacho this time (especially since decent tomatoes are starting to pop up all over the place!).
- Though it was a week ago, my recap of our random foodie party is almost finished and ready to go! From crazed canning to some awesome, authentic red beans & rice, we had a fabulous time that I'm sure you'll enjoy reading about. And who doesn't enjoy new recipes, right? :)
- I know it's a little odd considering the heat, but I've been wearing my baking thinking cap lately and feel like baking. Cookies? Pie? Baklava? We shall see what comes out of Poor Girl's oven in a couple of weeks!
- The second 99-cent Store version of The $25 Shopping Cart is a-comin', but I think I'll probably his up Raley's/Bel Air this month, too. Their ads have been intriguing me as of late, so let's see if they can truly impress me with some good deals.
- Though I don't often go, I'm thinking of hitting up the California State Fair this year for a little social experiment. Rumor has it food will be very different this year, as one of the biggest purveyors of deep fried everything is unable to attend. It'll be interesting to see if other vendors step it up and offer some better alternatives to deep fried Oreos or Krispy Kreme chicken sandwiches. Let's see what happens!
That's all for now, folks. Hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July holiday and that you continue enjoying your summer! New recipe & random foodie party posts coming this week, too!