Monday, September 6, 2010

I ♥ the Farmer's Market v. 14793526

Okay, it's probably just version 4.0 or so, but I like to round up.  I'm still flying high from IFBC speaker, Penny De Los Santos, and the joys of Pike Place Market in Seattle. It may not be as world-renowned, but the Sunday morning farmer's market under the freeway at 8th & W Streets is still pretty damned awesome. Observe...
The best olive oil in Sacramento...
No matter how small or large they may be, tomatoes always bring a smile to my face.

A little on the spendy side, but it was nice to see these in bouquets and not steam-filled plastic bags...

Fresh figs...

All chicken should be this lucky...

First time seeing these at the farmer's market: sprouted Mung beans!

Care for a piece?
Reminds me of the (possibly straight to DVD) movie, Woman on Top

It was hard to resist buying these...

As if his accent weren't charming enough, his smile enchants even the tiniest farmer's market customers...

So there!






I just love the name "Dapple Dandy Pluot"...
Bacchia Beans


I loved watching his wizened old face while he peeled the thorns off of the cactus leaves...


Man, I've missed my favorite farmer's market!  Good to be back!

8 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I'll have one of each, please. ;) Everything looks beyond amazing and your photos are luscious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about nopalitos, but a little afraid to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. It's hard to beat the freshest California produce when you're at the source!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love pluots!
    I just hit my farmers market the other day and was overwhelmed by the gorgeous peppers! i got me a bag full of yellow peppers for a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seeing these photos makes my day lovelier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how I do love farmers markets, I will be so sad to see our close in October....sigh...I love those little zucchini blossoms.....just a slight obsession of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pics, wish the sign said, "Squeeze the Charmin not the tomatoes.".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures! and I love farmers markets too! I try to enjoy it so much while it lasts, summer is coming to a close so I try to make it to every market I can!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...