Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What's in Store for November

The first day of November dawned cold and blustery yesterday, making it finally feel like fall around these parts.  I can't say I was the biggest fan of the new hairdo the howling gales of wind created for me, but it's nice to feel crisp fall mornings again.

November is going to be nothing short of amazing here in PGEW-land.  Not just because my most favorite food holiday ever is swiftly approaching, but because there are going to be some huge - and I mean HUGE - surprises in the next couple of weeks.  I can't say much right now, but let's just say that there's a whole pile of awesome waiting in the wings.  Here's what else is in store this month:

  • IFBC SaMo - Say wha...?  I'm talking about the International Food Bloggers Conference, which is being held in lovely Santa Monica this year.  My first IFBC last year was nothing short of amazing and I have the same high hopes that this year will be just as fabulous.  It'll be a bit different for me because I'll have the great privilege to speak on one of their panels!  I'll be leading the Eating On A Budget panel (natch) and will be discussing all the great ways we budget food bloggers are showing folks how to make the most of their food dollar.  When I'm not doing that, I will be eating, drinking and learning from some of the best bloggers out there, so stay tuned later in the month for all the delicious details!
  • I <3 Sweet Potatoes - It looks like my current food obsession is the almighty sweet potato, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer spud.  I've been cooking up some awesome new sweet potato recipes and have a couple that are absolute must shares!  One of those recipes is scheduled for this weekend, so be sure to check it out.
  • Super awesome new stuff that I can't talk about right now but promise will be super awesome.
  • Holiday Meal Ideas - I received some great feedback from a lot of readers regarding the new format for my summer holiday menu ideas this year, so I thought it would be nice to do the same for the remaining holidays of the year.  There will be some old favorites and a couple new dishes to add to your repertoire.  And with most of them coming in at less than $3 per serving, you can rest assured that you can have a truly enjoyable Thanksgiving meal without breaking the bank.
  • Soup's ON! - It's not that I need an excuse to make soup; I just feel far more inspired to make some when my teeth are chattering and I need something to warm me up from the inside.  From rich soups to super hearty stews, I'll continue to show that when you're trying to eat well on a budget, you should never underestimate the power of soup!
  • New tips, new $25 Shopping Cart and more photo makeovers - You know the drill!  Recipes are awesome, but learning the building blocks to make your grocery shopping as financially pain-free as possible makes them all the sweeter.  The good looking pictures to replace the bad ones from days of yore are also quite nice - it's my secret way of getting you to drool over a recipe you might have otherwise overlooked.  ;)  
As you can see, it'll be a pretty busy month, but it will be the good kind of busy that's filled with new challenges, good friends, and plenty of good food.  I hope this month also brings you some fantastic moments & memories!  Happy November, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I tried your brussel sprouts and they were fab! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I can't wait for what's to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see your sweet potato recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...